Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Twilight.

It's my new favorite time of day to run. (And here you thought I was going to talk about that silly book...) This evening I went for a run and found myself laughing through the second half with a sort of self-centered joy I haven't felt in a long time. I realized as I reached the halfway point that I wasn't out of breath, that I wasn't paying attention to time increments as much as usual, and that I was enjoying myself. Now, I have enjoyed all the runs so far, but that doesn't mean that halfway through I wasn't partly feeling like I could crawl home and not care. The thing is, I have spent too much of my the last chunk of life pigeon-holing myself into the 'physically weak' category. I had to watch what I did for so long, and kept telling myself I couldn't do "it", whatever it may be, for so long, that I believed I was not capable of doing so many things. I am delighted with my body that I can not only do this, but that I enjoy it. I love that I can FEEL myself growing stronger.

And running in the evening? SO much better. The cool wind, no hot sun beating down, less traffic. It's perfect. And wakes me up enough to do my homework.

Speaking of homework, my classes are awesome so far. More on that later, I have to go read about sex now...

No comments: