Thursday, June 4, 2009

feel the burn

So I kinda love running. I went of my first run today and I love how every muscle in my body feels more awake now. I can even breathe better. In all fairness though, shortly before running, I was feeling rather lazy and was TOTALLY going to wuss out until my dear mother got home and I realized how irritable and cooped up I was feeling, and had to do something about it. SO I ran. AND it was awesome. How about that? I can already feel the burn in my thighs, but man, I just may have killer legs once I get to the 5k mark. Or at least have stronger lungs. Which will rock.

I am getting more and more excited for summer. My best friend works in the mountains for eight days at a time and has six days off. She has decided that she is going to give up her house for the summer since she is never there anyhow, and come live here for six days at a time. Her and I go way back to my very first UU youth con. She gets here on Thursday next week and I am loving the possibilities. And despite the depth at which I hate the pollen, I love this time of year because the fresh produce is just everywhere! I *will* learn how to can this year so that I can preserve some stuff, and will also be drying a fair amount too.

And the thinderstorms! I am in heaven! I know I shouldn't be because of the damage and tornado warnings and what not, but I CAN BREATHE! And they are so beautiful to watch. It reminds of the town I was born in August. (Did you catch the part about tornado warnings? In Oregon??? Woot global climate change!)

No comments: