Sunday, March 15, 2009

yum, and oh! my green thumb!

I love food. I love to eat. I love to cook. Operation Eat Better is just so damn fun. This morning I had oatmeal with blueberries, flax, sunflower seeds and cherry yogurt. And mandarin ginseng green tea. Then I got to study with Sara (yay!) and had a honey wheat bagel with cream cheese and a thin mint cookie that Sara gave me.

Then! Joyous day! I got my kiddo back from visiting her dads house and we had Mac and Cheese (not so good but waaaaay good), cucumber and apple slices. And another girl scout cookie, damn them and their tastiness.

And for dinner I made a tasty white bean and bacon soup with leaks and celery, and we had artichokes.

Also, I got my garden started today. Well some of it. Em and I planted some broccoli and mesclun salad mix starts, and planted some decorative sweet peas for flowers on our front porch. In addition to the vegetable garden on the porch, we are doing an herb garden in the kitchen and we started it off today with chamomile and mint starts in cute little pots. Have I mentioned I somehow have acquired an abundance of pots? Its awesome. Next week I will be starting (from seed) peas, beans and chard inside the house to await transplant when the weather makes up it's damn mind about what the hell it is doing. And I cannot wait till it is warm enough to start tomatoes and carrots.

No comments: