Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Generosity that astounds.

The blessings in my life astound me, as does the generosity of others. A friends little box on facebook reads that her greatest challenge in life is going to be returning all the love she receives and I feel that way lately. Someone lent me the money to pay for some doula stuff in the blink of an eye. I am constantly blessed on the crowded bus home with people willing to give up their seat for Em and I. I have wonderful friends who are willing to swoop in and help me when I need it, the book I needed for my doula training next appears out of nowhere, the rain quit just long enough to get my under the weather child home, the list goes on.

The latest in the string of "Oh my god, what did I do to deserve this?" took place today. I received a call from the DRE (Director of Religious Education) at church. Someone, some random couple of UU's, from Alaska (?) decided to get rid of their car and live out of their RV. Upon discovering that when you donate a car to Goodwill, they auction them and only make about $50 they drove their car to the church, signed over the title and said "We really want this to go to a family that needs it." We are that family. A car in really nice condition. No strings attached. Just yesterday I was wondering how I was going to navigate the narrow strech of time between when I will be getting out of class and when I will need to pick Emily up from school when she starts kindergarten in the fall, and how I was going to get home in time to tuck her in after my evening classes that I have to take the next few terms and what I am going to do if my mom's health doesn't improve and I need to take her to the ER in the middle of the night. (She is really sick right now.) And then this.

Life is truly blessed. I want you all to know how thankful I am for the gifts you have given me.

No comments: