Friday, February 26, 2010

Happiness Project Launch Party....er...blog post!




This book really kicked me in the ass and got me to thinking. So much of life is spent working towards something in the future. I get caught up in that. "Once I do ____, or make ____, or go to _____, life will be happier!" I have a great life! I am happy right now! But I could be spending so much more time on NOW then I do. I was to appreciate life more, enjoy it more, spend more time savoring the now so that when I hit hard times, I have this to carry me through it.

So, I am starting my own little happiness project. I started by making a list of my own personal commandments to abide by, writing down some Secrets to Adulthood that I already know, and swimming in the essence of the Happiness Manifesto that I just posted in the previous entry. I have a couple resolutions to get me going on the first couple of months, and I am excited to see where this takes me!

My personal commandments of happiness are:
  • Be Amber
  • Let tomorrow come tomorrow
  • Act the way I want to feel
  • Remember the days are long but the years are short-savor it all now
  • Be good to myself and others everyday
  • Embrace the need to write
  • Do it now
  • Enjoy the process
  • There is only love
My first month's resolution? Create more vitality and energy in life. I will be clearing out clutter of the physical, emotional, and mental kind. I will be taking superb care of myself. I am so very intrigued by this and cannot wait to see where it goes. Cheers!

you can learn more about or start your own happiness project using tools and outlines found at www.happinessprojecttoolbox.com.

No comments: