Thursday, July 16, 2009

How could anyone ever tell you...

There are always people in your life that you may not be close enough to call at random just to see how they are, or that you even communicate with at all on a regular basis, yet you still consider them to be friends. I had the privilege of attending a C*UUYAN ConCentric business meeting in the summer of 2007 where I met several people like this. Beautiful people. Some that I haven't talked to since then, one of which I never will. Katie was a generous, warm, friendly, musical spirit. Upon meeting her she hugged me with a wonderful smile upon her face and a warm and genuine "So glad to meet you". She was there as I eased my way into an overwhelming experience with comforting words or a hug in passing. And she had the most beautiful voice.

Katie was on her way home from GA a few weeks ago when a on-coming car crossed into her lane and struck her head on. She did not make it. It's always a shock when someone makes a sudden departure like this, even if you didn't know them very well. I would like to think that she did not suffer long, and that she has moved on to do bigger and better things with her amazing spirit. She touched so many people during her time here that I can't believe that she would be doing anything else.

I will remember her with her smiling eyes as she sang a song that so many remember her for...
How could anyone ever tell you
You were anything less than beautiful?
How could anyone ever tell you
You were less than whole?
How could anyone fail to notice
that your loving is a miracle,
How deeply your connected to my soul...

Rest in Peace.

No comments: