Monday, April 20, 2009

detox day two

I am sure this whole detox thing is going to get harder at SOME point, but I am actually really happy with it right now. Maybe because I have experienced a more harsh type of elimination detox diet?

The challenge will come this weekend when I sponsor youth this weekend at a youth con. At first, I did think I may be crazy for starting this the week before this conference, however, when I go to these things I generally eat total crap all weekend. Don't get me wrong, there is generally good food at the meals, but I fill the hours in between with carbs, candy and generally unhealthy substances. Team that with a total lack of proper sleep. (I know, it sounds awful, but they really are a blast.) I will definitely be bringing food with me to supplement what our wonderful cooks are planning. I should have actually been doing this a while ago because of the ridiculous REAL allergies I have (poultry and nuts) because the meat was always turkey and the snack of substance was a peanut butter or almond butter sandwich. I also still really suck at clarifying my nut allergy and forget to ask about it in advance enough for accomodations to be provided. It doesn't help the lack of nutrition situation. (Again, not the cooks fault, I just suck at the whole prep thing sometimes). Knowing how it felt right before my crash last time, I can say that I am very close to going there again and that it was necessary for me start this as soon as possible. And, I think now that I have to THINK about what I eat more, I will actually take better care of myself, at cons and life in general.

Anyhow. Other side benefits other than avoiding total immune system crash are more energy, better circulation, less hayfever (oh man, that would be AWESOME!), clearer skin, better sleep, better overall digestion. Can't argue against any of that. So far, I have noticed that I am already less congested and my face, especially my eyes weren't as puffy in the morning as they have been. Also, I think because I have been eating a lot more raw food, I have a lot more energy after eating. It's almost like a buzz in a way.

Tomorrow I need to sit down and start planning food stuff for this weekend...

No comments: