Friday, May 22, 2009

sleepover magic

My daughter is having her first sleep over tonight here at home. She invited her best friend from pre-k, yes the one she alternately loves and fights with faster than she changes her attitude sometimes. So far? We are doing good. We met her friend and friends mom in the park this afternoon for the exchange, and I had an excellent time talking to her mother. I love that recently I am finding more and more moms that not only have similar parenting styles as me, but lifestyles as well. Its....comforting.

Now, I was a little nervous about daughters choice in friends. What with the fighting like sisters thing. But so far we are good. They played nicely, friend complimented me on my wonderful cooking, and we made shakes out of vegan coconut ice cream and blueberries for dessert. Right now they are laying in the princess tent set up in the living room, whispering and giggling to themselves like I can't hear. It's adorable. And too cute to get frustrated and tell them to go to sleep. Plus, I remember the magic of laying awake late with friends and feeling like we were getting away with something while sharing our secrets. I can't squash that, that is one of the best parts of sleep overs.

Daughter has been WAY into boys lately. It's a little anxiety inducing. I wasn't expecting this for some while now. This evening she was "on the phone" with her "boyfriend" and telling him "You were supposed to be here at 8:30, where are you? You aren't MY boyfriend anymore!" I am not sure what worries me more, the fact that she then noticed the "handsome teenage boys" on the lawn, or the fact that she is so demanding and impatient with her current "boyfriend".

The giggling coming from the princess tent is just way too cute for me. It makes my heart squishy.

No comments: