Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mom is awesome FTW!

I rock at this whole sleep over thing, for the record. But I am beginning to understand why my mother never wanted to let me have sleep overs. They are exhausting! The girls didn't really settle down until 10:30 last night, daughter was asleep by 11, and friend was asleep by midnight after I sang and rubbed her back to help her relax a little. I collapsed onto the couch in exhaustion and was woken up at 5am by energetic kids! It was my only grumpy moment in which I snapped "Too early-lay down and go back to sleep!" I was a lot nicer every half hour after that when I gently reminded them it was ass early. We finally got up at 8am, which was still too early. I know I am getting old when I wake up in pain after sleeping on the couch.

Breakfast, my favorite meal of the day, was kick ass vegan pancakes that had the right amount of cinnamon and maple syrup baked into them, and a berry smoothie. Awesome. Today? We are headed to the humane society to visit with animals and a birthday party at one.

Then-nap time...

No comments: