Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Allowing time to slow down.

Nothing is more satisfying that the contented sigh that floats out of my daughters body when she is truly happy.  I live for creating the kind of environment around her that elicits that.  As summer approaches I find myself yearning for long sunny days in which there is time to explore the world with her at her leisure.  I long to spend days in the woods exploring the bugs she is so interested in and teaching her how to grow things.  I look forward to the opportunity just be with her.  No classes to get to, no minimum hour requirement at day care to meet for the head start grant.  Just her and I and a world of possibility.  

This summer I have elected not to take any REAL classes.  And by this I mean that I am not taking any classes in which I actually have to be in a classroom.  I am going to be registering for all online classes.  I can't really afford not to take classes if I want to be able to apply for my program this year, but I couldn't stand the thought of another summer going by with me and my child in a classroom and not spending time together.  Lately I have had this desperate feeling of time slipping away from underneath me faster than it usually does and the instinct to just savor what is in front of me right now.  So I am choosing to honor that in allowing myself to move at a slower pace and enjoy being a parent, enjoy living in this wonderful area and relish in the pleasure that comes from honoring the development and needs of my amazing little girl.  

No comments: