Thursday, April 8, 2010

My inner craft nerd

Ok. So. I am not a quilter. My mom has been going on and on for a long long while about how great she thinks quilting is and it always makes my eyes glaze over, just like budget meetings. So then the other day she mentions this quilting bee. Where you buy your fabric, sent bits to participants and they each make you a quilting block. Then they send them back and you have a whole quilts worth of blocks to put together. And then the next person sends out their fabric and on and on. Why this sounds so much more interesting than just making my own damn quilt, I have no idea. But I am so excited about it. This worried me for a moment, as everytime I throw myself into a new hobby that I cared nothing about before it is usually to avoid something in my life. SO I sat with this for abit and decided that it's really just that I love the idea that I get a little peice of something handmade from a bunch of people I know and care about, and I get to peice it together, and it keeps me warm and happy. And that I get to help create something like this for other people.

Plus, once I found this fabric, I knew I had to do it, because who can resist these twisted little love birds and bunnies?

1 comment:

Justine Urbikas said...

awe man, that bunny fabric is awesome!!! (they both are, but I love bunnies!)