Tuesday, April 20, 2010

clouds

I think I need to dance it out or something. Maybe climb to the top of a mountain and scream? Life is fantastic, yet there is this mounting cloud of emotion building over my head. It's a bipolar cloud, one minute it's raining marshmallows of happiness and joy, the next sourness drops of angst and grump. Emily says that means it's time for another naked dance party. I am leaning towards agreement on this.

Today I got my brakes fixed for free. I love free. They started making this awful grinding noise this weekend and I got all preemptive pissy about it because I JUST had them fixed in September and it was almost $500. I had visions of passing by the garage on the bus to see my car sitting there waiting to be taken home for months because I can't afford to fix it right now. And then? Oh, hey there warranty, you are my best friend today. Shiny and new. A lesson that I need to not assume to worst, because it rarely is the worst.

I went out this weekend. I was not excited about it at the beginning of the evening because I hate the part of it where that one drunk guy won't go away(I don't mean to sound stuck up about it either, it just seems to happen in bars. And not just to me), and I was having one of those days where none of my clothes fit the way I wanted them to and then when they did, my shoes didn't look right. I hate those days. Anyways, Saturday a friends' friend and his band were playing and she said I MUST go. So I did. Because she is pretty damn great and I like having friends that live here. There was that one drunk guy, he was Australian and I didn't believe him at first, I thought he was faking the accent until he pulled out a passport to prove it to me. But overall, it was a great night. Her friend, I am totally smitten with because he is cute, sweet, and I have a weakness for guitar and bass players who can sing. We got flowers from some guy at the bar who felt bad about the Australian guy, and I got to spend the evening with awesome people. Another lesson in not being a sourpuss before the situation calls for it. I had fun. And I realized just how much I miss having close friends that live close by. I must keep cultivating that...

I keep getting whiffs of pee. If the dog peed in the house, I am going to be very put off.

No comments: