Tuesday, January 26, 2010

quasi-retraction

Let me start by saying that I consider my first post on sex to be a success. Not in that it was superb though. No, but it was a success in all it's medocrity and unedited glory because I have received no less than seven emails complaining about the obscenity of it all. Heh. No one mentioned that I switch the perspective from which I speak from "I" to "you" about a million times. No one complained about the run-on sentences I may someday be famous for. It was all complaints about the fact I have now publicly admitted I have had sex and enjoyed it, as well as had bad sex and have the balls to complain about it. As if this was a surprise. I mean, my daughter was conceived via immaculate conception and all...

So this is the point where I say I am sorry. And I really am sorry that I have offended certain people. Others, I think they were just looking for something to pin point and complain about.

2 comments:

Christopher Wulff said...

I thought it was a wonderful piece, and appreciated the parallels drawn as well as the focus on communication.

Sara said...

You should never feel pressured to apologise for your blog. This is your personal space, and you're allowed to write what you wish. If someone is offended, they're welcome to not read it. I've always thought that telling someone what not to write on the blog is the worst form of Internet bad behavior.