Thursday, October 15, 2009

the backpacking itch

So. I am itchin. I NEEEED to go backpacking. I know, I know, it's a little late in the year for most trails I want to go on, but thats ok, because if you know me very well, the idea of me with a 50 lb backpack for days is slightly hilarious, slightly pathetic. Suffice to say-I am not in backpacking shape. But screw that. I can dream. And get in shape. What I REALLY want to do is summit Rainier. But, since I am not into self-torture, I would rather wait until I am ready. So, in the mean time I am making a list of place I do want to try. Let's start with the smaller hikes, shall we?

-Mt. Neahkahnie Trail, 7 miles along the Oregon Coast. Can we say gorgeous?

Ok, I got totally distracted and the rest of my list was lost. But that is part of the fun-building lists and dreaming.

I am open to suggestions in Oregon and Washington, whatcha got?

2 comments:

AnnieD said...

For easy backpacks, coastal trails are always good, and Oregon and Washington have some really awesome ones.

Long but flat is Enchanted Valley which I really want to do sometime.

I also want to do the Enchantments, but those you better prepare and get a permit for.

And I'd betcha we can figure out backpacking if you really want to go, as long as we got a flashlight...I mean, you need gear, I can get gear.

AnnieD said...

p.s. Now I know what to give your for your bday. Let me introduce you to my friend the Jetboil... he's is super cool