Friday, March 19, 2010

Post Run Reflections

So, on a blog I used to keep I had a tag called 'listastic-ness' because sometimes lists are the manner in which my brain functions and organizes things. Such as right now. I have been making an effort to start running again, and to do it in the morning because the last time I ran in the evening I was up until 4am due to post-run endorphin rush.

-Running in the morning? This is cool, I can do this. I like birds, and I like hearing them sing to me and I prance down the road.

-Wearing sunglasses while running? Not so much. Specifically my sunglasses that are meant for someone whose noggin is slightly wider than mine. The bounce of them as I run makes me feel like someone slipped something in my morning green smoothie.

-Man, all that sugar I ate last night made my head fill with snot. Hmm. So that's what sugar does to me. Good to know. Approaching mile two thinking about this, the cookies from last night were less worth it.

-Running with music=epic win. "Someday", that elusive day, I will put together a really awesome playlist with songs like 'Eye of The Tiger' and 'Greatest Man that Ever Lived' and 'Starfuckers, Inc.'. For now I will settle for the jumble of songs that itunes, the fickle bitch that it is, allowed me to put on the shuffle.

-Big skittish dogs + low fences? Not my friend. I mean, a heightened heart rate is beneficial and all, but give. me. a. fucking. heart attack. will ya?

-I need something to cover my ears. I think when they ache like they are trying to tell me they are cold.

No comments: