Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Breaking through sloth

The sloth-like behavior was nice for a time but it began to be too much. SO! I went for a run. My first real run since my knee injury a few months ago, which I didn't really blog about because the whole thing was just so gracefully ridiculous.

Anyhow. I ran. And it was awesome. I decided to start the Couch to 5k program over again, so I started with week one. It was much easier than I could have hoped for this time around. Maybe that is because it isn't 95 degrees outside.

I had dinner with a good friend tonight and as we sat talking and catching up on this crazy life I realized something. I am happy. Not that I wasn't happy before, but for the first time in a while, my stress and my problems aren't defining me because I'm not letting them. There is plenty I could complain about, but I don't really want to. It is a relief to realize I have reached this point in my life.

Also, I would just like to say, for the record, that the Avett Brothers are awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your motivation is motivational. Googled Couch to 5k, even though I'm not quite on the couch, and working in the garden with a pitcher of iced tea at hand is quite life-affirming.